To ensure that you are familiar with Gateway Library Resources, please complete the following tasks. Make sure to bookmark any sites you think will be useful for your studies!
A note on using this guide: For accessibility purposes, the links in the guide open in the same window. If you would like to open them in a new window, first right click on the link, then choose "Open in a new window".
Please note that you will need to login with your Gateway email and password to access the databases!
- Click on this link to the Gateway Library Home Page- While you are there, click on the A-Z databases tile and then click on a link to one of the databases.
- Make sure that the link opens for you.
- You may be asked to sign-in with your Gateway credentials.
- Return to the Gateway Library's home page, find the Gateway Contact Us Link and click on it.
- Once on the Contact page, read through a few FAQs.
- Note that you can send an email or a chat (when available) to ask a library related question on this page.
- Return to the Gateway Library Page
- Find the tile for the Specific Subject Guides and click on it
- Once on the Gateway Library Guides page
- Scroll down to the Subject “Tutorials” and click on the link.
- Then click on the link for “Library Tutorials”.
- Click on Research Tutorials. Watch the videos on:
- Popular vs. Scholarly resources
- Database Searching
- Zap Plagiarism
- Citing your work and giving credit for other's ideas is very important.
- Follow this link for further review of plagiarism
- Finally, watch this short video about scholarly conversations
- NOTE: Be sure to check-out the "Additional Resources" section of this guide for link to citation style manuals, writing guides, other Gateway services, and more!
Next: Go to the Embedded Librarians in Blackboard section